Thursday, March 3, 2011

light at the end

     Closing my eyes.... I can still feel the turn of the mountain, see the fresh powder surrounding me, hear the edges of my skies grinding into the frozen snow, feel the strength of my knee! but then my eyes open. Its all gone, my feet on planted on hard cold ground, snows not enclosing on me, I can't hear the calming sounds of melted slicing through frozen snow, my knee is week and the acl is torn. I'm cut from the world of skiing. There's a big hole in me, nothing can sew the gaping hole together. Then I remember its not the end of the world! My knee will heal. There's a light to the end of this tunel. I will get out and be a stronger person and better skier! Nothing can hold me back.  

Naturally,                                                                                                                                                       Ken

 

No comments:

Post a Comment